1. How does the Growboxx® plant cocoon works?
The biodegradable Growboxx® plant cocoon can hold up to 16 liters of water. The Growboxx® stimulates capillary, prevents evaporation caused by the sun and prevents competition caused by competitive herbs. During a period of a couple of months till a year the box provides the tree of water. Besides that, the grower can grow 4 young vegetables, bushes or flowerplants in the plant plugs of the lid. The young plants will grow hydroponically in the water of the box.
After a year, the roots system of the tree has grown deep enough to survive on its own and the box starts to decompose. The Growboxx® plant cocoon will provide the plant with extra nutrients.
The Growboxx® plant cocoon has the following characteristics:
- With the Growboxx® plant cocoon you can plant a young tree in combination with 4 vegetables, shrubs or flowers;
- You can plant big and mature trees with the Growboxx® plant cocoon;
- In the middle of the Growboxx® plant cocoon is space for the young tree. You can plant small plants in the corner of the lid (in the plant plugs);
- The Growboxx® plant cocoon can collect rain water through the specially designed lid;
- The Growboxx® plant cocoon gives a daily small amount of water to the plant;
- The rise of the capillary water is promoted to the top of the soil under the Growboxx® plant cocoon;
- Evaporation of capillary water is minimized;
- Preventing a monoculture by planting different trees in combination with shrubs or flowers.
Curious about the other benefits of the Growboxx® plant cocoon? Check out the video below