There are many benefits when you plant with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology, including year-round planting and planting a tree in combination with vegetables, shrubs or wildflowers. Below you will find all the benefits of planting with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving technology.
Plant with Groasis trees in combination with vegetables, shrubs or flowers
The Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology is the only technology that offers a combined planting of a productive tree with 4 vegetables, or a native tree with 4 bushes/wildflowers while saving water!
- During the first plant year, the vegetables – that are growing hydroponically in the lid of the Growboxx plant cocoon – will set many fruits. The grower can use these fruits to consume, or to sell and pay for the Growboxx plant cocoon. The productive tree that is planted in the middle of the box will set fruits in the years that will follow;
- The planting of one native tree with 4 bushes / wildflowers reduces the costs of ecosystem restoration drastically. Normally with ecosystem restoration around 1.100 trees are planted per hectare, of which in general some 20% survives. That is 220 trees struggling to survive. If the planter plants 250 Growboxx® plant cocoons with each one tree and 4 bushes / wildflowers, he will have 90% survival. It means that he has 225 native trees growing fast. He will also have 900 bushes / wildflowers. In total he has 1.125 pioneer plants that can colonize the area quickly. The Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology offers a much higher number of surviving trees, bushes and wildflowers, in combination with drastically reduced costs compared to the traditional method.
Year-round planting of trees and shrubs
Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology allows year-round planting of any plant, in any location, in any climate, with 90 to 95% survival rates and on average 30% faster growth
- Over 90 to 95% survival rate, anywhere; in any climate;
- Planting with Groasis creates a survival rate of 90 to 95%, anywhere; in any climate;
- Plants on any soil; also on rocks; even above the tree line;
- Year round planting; no matter how hot; or how cold;
- Year round planting means an equal labour flow necessity during the whole year;
- An optimal use of nursery, because there is no peak period planting.
Drip irrigation need a high water consumption
Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology uses significantly less water than drip irrigation, saving up to 99% for trees, and up to 75% for vegetables, thereby using valuable ground water resources more sustainably
- Over 99% less water use with trees;
- Over 75% less water use with vegetables;
- If used before rainy season: self-filling with water; zero water use;
- No pumps, no electricity use; no scarce groundwater use.
Save money and water
Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology is a cost efficient way (saving on expensive drip irrigation systems, water and fertilizers) to turn wasteland into productive land
- Inexpensive; affordable for everyone; less than 2 USD per tree;
- No expensive energy plants to invest in; no electricity grid infrastructure needed;
- No water transport pipes and drip irrigation tubes infrastructure needed;
- In general new solutions are more expensive than the traditional method. The Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology offers the rare combination of lower costs and more sustainable;
- Value rise of land that is currently worthless, creates the collateral to finance projects;
- Organic Growmaxx mycorrhizae helps to replace expensive fertilizer.
Everyone can plant with Groasis
Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology applications are endless; from large government reforestation projects and private programs, to small rural farms in developing countries and consumer vegetable gardens
- Planting can be industrialized; big scale planting becomes viable;
- For (big) professional project use; financed by user, bank or investor;
- For rural family use: planting productive trees in combination with vegetables;
- Vegetables as a cash crop make financing by NGO’s or governmental agricultural programs possible;
- For consumer use: dry gardening or home production of organic food;
- Easy to implement in micro-credit services; high revenues for financers;
- Low cost big scale ecosystem restoration possible in combination with pioneer trees;
- Cities can recover their canopy on a street or suburban level; also for parks;
- Easy to use on inclined slopes, viaducts or to prevent avalanches in ski areas;
- Big scale fixing of sandy areas to prevent damage from sandstorms;
- This micro-protection makes tree planting on community owned land possible;
- Groasis Telescoprotexx allows planting in combination with grazing animals.
Use the products of Groasis!
- You can use the 10 times reusable Groasis Waterboxx® plant cocoon made of polypropylene;
- You can use the disposable biodegradable Groasis Growboxx® plant cocoon made of paper pulp;
- Simple to use; no extra education needed for users;
- The Groasis capillary drill helps making uniform planting holes at high speed;
- Easy App for free downloading of photo gallery planting manual in 10 languages.
The Successful Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology
Since 2010, we are planting Waterboxxes with very good results and since 2012 we plant the disposable Growboxxes, all over the world. In this Dropbox link you can find 44 scientific studies, demonstrating that the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology is able to plant productive trees on degraded areas without the use of irrigation. The water saving capacity of the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology compared to drip irrigation is over 99%.