When you plant trees or bushes in the mountains, or far above sea-level, you will face several challenges. For trees and bushes it will be, especially in the first year, hard to survive due the undeveloped root system. In addition, the following problems may occur for trees and plants while growing on the mountains or rocky areas:
- If it starts to freeze before the root system is developed, the tree is not strong enough to survive the cold weather;
- The planting period is very short;
- Planting before the snow falls and the frost period starts is difficult;
- Planting after the snow has melted is difficult because the period between cold and warm (or even hot) temperatures is very short;
- This results in a too warm, hot and/or dry climate for the roots to develop fast enough in the mostly rocky soil, which would create a balance between the water capturing capacity and the water evaporating quantity of the leaves.
Plant without problems on a rocky surface or in the mountains with Groasis
Because the Waterboxx® plant cocoon creates a microclimate, the temperature in the box stays more constant than the temperature outside the box. Due the constant temperature, the plant or tree has less stress and grows better. In addition, the problems that arose before will be solved. You can plant without problems with the Waterboxx® plant cocoon on rocky surfaces and on mountains. Other benefits of planting with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology are:
- You can plant saplings year-round with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology, but the best planting period is at the end of the summer;
- Because you can plant year-round, it is possible to plant big surfaces without breaks and to start big reforestation projects;
- You can plant 2 saplings (young tree or other plants) in the Waterboxx® plant cocoon. In the Growboxx® plant cocoon, you can plant a young tree in combination with 4 bushes/wild flowers;
- In the following summer, you cut the smallest of the two saplings trees if both have survived the first winter. You can also leave them both alive;
- If only one survived, you will still have a planting success;
- In general, planting with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology in mountainous areas will give, using the different methods, a survival rate of +90%.
It seems to be impossible for trees or plants to grow on mountains or rocky surfaces. But, trees can do this without any problems. There are many small nooks and canals where trees and plants can find water. Also, the roots of a tree a very strong and can easily squeeze through rocks. For more information or images, please click on one of the links below.