How does the technology of Groasis work?
The technology of Groasis consists of multiple products. The main products are the Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon. The Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon are instruments that support plants and trees to survive in difficult circumstances without using groundwater or electricity.
Both boxes collect water by catching rainwater. The Waterboxx plant cocoon produces and catching water from condensation. Both boxes subsequently distribute the collected water over an extended period, to the tree growing in the center of the Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon. In the lid of the Growboxx® plant cocoon, vegetables, shrubs or flowers can grow hydroponically.
Furthermore, it stimulates the capillary formation of the soil; prevents the evaporation of groundwater; steadies the temperature around the roots; fights competitive weeds near the planted tree; and can even prevent damage by rodents. In this way, the Groasis Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon stimulate optimal growth of the young tree.
Look at the animation to better understand the working of the Groasis Waterboxx® plant cocoon:
Look at the animation to better understand the working of the Groasis Growboxx® plant cocoon:
In what situation is it important to plant with Groasis?
Thanks to these qualities, the Groasis Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon can play an important role in the reforestation of burned/felled forests; in the collection of CO2; in mitigation of erosion; in anti-desertification programs; and in the production of food and wood.
To get a better insight in the capabilities of bot boxes, see the most important characteristics below:
- When using the Groasis Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon, the tree is planted just below the surface of the soil, so that the capillary soil stays intact and is not destroyed by digging a deep planting hole;
- In the middle of the Groasis Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon, there is a cylinder with an open bottom where a seed, seedling or small tree can be planted;
- In the lid of the Growboxx® plant cocoon, vegetable, shrub or flower seeds can grow hydroponically;
- This plant can develop its roots under the box;
- The Groasis Waterboxx® plant cocoon produces artificial condensation;
- Both boxes collect rain water;
- It distributes this collected water to the plant in small quantities on a daily basis;
- It stimulates the rise of capillary water to the surface of the soil under the box;
- Both boxes prevent the evaporation of capillary water;
- Both boxes prevent the development of weeds near the new plant;
- Both boxes prevent the grazing by a number of smaller rodents such as hares and rabbits;
- Both boxes prevent erosion of the soil around the plant;
- Both boxes create a perfect oxygen level in the soil (see how a lack of oxygen has a negative influence on the growth of plants);
- Both boxes prevent the surface of the soil around the plant from getting too hot, which prevents burning;
- Both boxes stabilize temperature in the root zone;
- Because of the possibility of planting on the soil, it is also now possible to plant trees on rocks;
- Traditional irrigation cannot be applied on mountain slopes where the Waterboxx® and Growboxx® plant cocoon does work effectively.
Specific information about both boxes
Do you want to learn more about these products? Read the information documents below or look at one of our pages on this website:
Here you can find some other interesting links about the Groasis Waterboxx® plant cocoon