Fruits of trees and shrubs constitute a considerable part of our food. It is impossible to imagine cooking without olives and olive oil. Not counting the enormous arsenal of fruit, they also produce coffee, cocoa, coconut and a prodigious quantity of varieties of nuts which are incorporated and used in all kinds of dishes. The factor “tree” has become an essential part of the modern food industry, and food producing trees are often one of the fastest growers. With the Groasis Technology entire areas of currently worthless land can be made available for their cultivation!
Trees can solve the food problem
We are with 7 billion people now. Already 1 billion of them have hunger. In 2050 we will be with 10 billion people. So we must find a solution to raise the food production. Trees are the answer to this. There is 2 billion hectares of desert land that once was covered by trees. So trees can grow there again. If we plant this area again with trees producing food, we will solve the food problem.
- 1 hectare of fruit trees is able to produce 5,000 kilos of fruit.
- 2.000.000.000 hectares of fruit trees x 5,000 kilos = 10.000.000.000.000 kilos of fruit.
- Herewith we can easily feed the 10.000.000.000 people in 2050.
- That is 1.000 kilos of fruit per person per year.
- 20 Kilos of fruit per person per week.
- Hunger does not have to be a problem.
- If we want to.
Let's beat hunger and desertification!