The Groasis waterboxx raw material
The waterboxx buyer is able to buy the box in two different kinds of raw materials:
The polypropylene box is made of a high quality PP with sufficient additives to survive the harsh conditions of deserts. As sun is the enemy of plastics, the design, construction and material of the waterboxx has been subject to long research and durability tests. The waterboxx made of PP will survive at least 10 years depending on the number of hours of sunshine, and the difference between day and night temperatures. Careful treatment while moving the waterboxx between plantings, will certainly lead to a longer period of use.
With the PP box, a minimum of 10 trees is expected to be possible to plant over the years. In countries with 2 rainy seasons - for instance Kenya - you may expect to plant double that number of trees. This makes the cost of using the waterboxx very low. In order to calculate the costs and possible profit of planting trees in desert areas, open the ‘make money’ page and use the calculation documents for your local situation..
The polypropylene waterboxx can be used on:
- Poor and degraded soils
- Eroded areas
- Burned woods
The biodegradable polymere waterboxx can be used for one tree. The biodegradable waterboxx first produces water and once degraded, it produces nutrients for the tree. The biodegradable waterboxx can be used in many circumstances:
- On extremely poor and degraded soils;
- On difficult to reach rocks;
- In places that are very difficult to reach, it means that once used for planting, it is no longer necessary to remove them;
- In deserts and especially on places where sand dunes are developing through strong winds;
- For the development, maintenance and stimulation of dunes;
- In burned woods where all the humus has also been burned;
- In situations where management wants to have simple working methods - just place the boxes and leave them there.
Although per planted-tree, the box is more expensive, its advantages are so promising that its use may be considered in many occasions. Here you can read the financial advantages of using the waterboxx:
- Faster growth from more nutrients and micro-organisms available through the box's bio-degradation after planting;
- Higher success rate of planting;
- Less labor and management costs;
- It is possible to use land with hardly any current monetary value.
AquaPro makes the waterboxx biodegradable with Ecopure. Read all about it on http://www.goecopure.com/EcoPure/EcoPure.html
In areas with moderate climate and conditions, the waterboxx will stimulate growth by approximately 15%. So although the box is an extra investment in these climates, the extra production of biomass or other products makes it interesting and worthwhile to use.